Monday, July 23, 2012

PREACH PEACE


"I have told you this so that you might have
PEACE IN ME.
In the world you will have trouble,
but take courage,
I have conquered the world.”
John 16:33





He came and preached
peace to you who were far off
and peace to those who were near;
for through him we both have access
in one Spirit to the Father.
EPHESIANS 2:17-18


I grew up in a troubled world that is far off from Christ. I was so caught up in the system that my life became complicated and confusing. All I wanted is to be at peace and enjoy the comforts and leisures of life but what the world offered were pleasures that brings temporary satisfaction and happiness. Worse, such pleasures even stretch more the distance between me and my God. One thing that is amazing is the fact that the "rope" that binds us with the Lord is like a rubber band. The more you stretch it out, the more it will pull you back. It will never break for no man can detach himself from his Creator. I believed that the Lord allowed me to stretch out the rope that binds us so that the force of His Spirit will be strong once He pulls me back. This is what happened to me and I stand as a living witness of God's peace, love and mercy. He pulled me back into His loving arms and gave me the true peace I have longed for. In Him, my joy was made full and complete. Today, I share with you this peace that the Lord brings. He is our peace, who has broken down the dividing wall of hostility. Jesus suffered and died for us so that in Him, we are reconciled with God. He is the rope that ties us with the Father and only through Him can we have access in one Spirit to the Father.

Lord Jesus, You are the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through You. Thank You so much for being the rope that binds me to the Father. Truly Your desire is none will be lost even if he or she is a sinner. All of us are sinners in this world that needs Your salvation from day to day. At any given time, we may fall into the pit of sin but You will always be there with us to pull us back to the Father. You are all that is in me today, may You manifest greatly in me for the praise and glory of God the Father now and forever. Amen.